Sunday, July 17, 2005

Elixir of the Gods

Do you ever talk to yourself? Well I do and I am not ashamed to say or do it. (Pardon me, it that is the word you must not hear!) I think that constant other voice in my head is the way I cope with being an introvert. I am OK with being by myself because I am always there. If this is disturbing the please exit now, otherwise stay on the line for further instructions. And now for my story, I was talking to myself the other day repeating one of my catch phrases that I always say, which is "Elixir of the Gods". I say that whenever I drink a fluid that is particularly intoxicating at the time. For example, on a hot summers day when a tall cold glass of lemonade really hits the spot, or on a cold blustery day and I have brewed the Pero in a particularly fine manner, or the sweet delectable taste of the milk in the morning after the cereal is gone... well you get the point. I had just said it and I was curious if this was the correct phrase for this particular moment. I had and still don't have a problem with the of the Gods part especially since something that good must come from Deity. It was the Elixir part the caught my attention. So what do your parents always tell you when you need to know "Go look it up!" I did the dictionary it said “A sweetened aromatic solution of alcohol and water, serving as a vehicle for medicine”. Well everything about the definition except the alcohol part seemed to fit with the way I felt and the way the drink tasted. So next time I take a big swig and my eyes start to roll back and I give a little shake, if you listen very carefully, you will hear me whisper “Elixir of the Gods”, but just note I mean virgin Elixir.

3 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Anna said...

I talk to myself too.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Spud Boy said...

That is good if you keep it positive!

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Aaron Jones said...

I have heard you say that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home